Saturday, January 24, 2015

Coolest Dishes Ever

Recently, I backed my very first Kickstarter for a product called ez-pz Less Mess Happy Mats. Little kid plate/bowl/placemat all in one? YES PLEASE. They were touted to stick to surfaces and stay put so that kids couldn't take them off the table. This was a dream come true! It was fully funded and I received my mats just before the holidays.

I adore them. They're awesome and work incredibly well. At least for Lala.

Here are some of the issues I have with them:

  • We have an old table that has a crack in the middle so that it can expand with leaves. If the ez-pz mat goes over a crack, it won't seal to the table properly.
  • Gogo figured out you just need to peel the corner to break the suction. On day one. We're not the only family having this issue and the makers are in the process of creating one for infants that should be trickier for them to move. 
  • They take up a bit more space than the normal kid dishes we have. Not a deal breaker, but it's true.


All these issues aside, I love that I only have to clean one thing after meals now. When Lala wants cereal, all the mess stays on her and the mat. No more scrubbing the table! For Gogo, it's an easy way for her to learn to feed herself, with low edges and three spots for snacks. You can also actually make faces in the mat because it does look like a happy face. Pretty fun for toddlers with huge imaginations!

I want to order their bowl version and their craft version next. These make our meals a lot of fun.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Love those kickstarter programs.

    ReplyDelete