Saturday, January 24, 2015

Birthdays birthdays birthdays!

We had two wonderful birthdays over the holidays on top of ALL the craziness the holidays bring!

First up was Lala! THREE! When did that happen????
Her birthday was a Tutu party. I made tutus for EVERYONE. 30-some-odd tutus. I was practically bleeding tulle. However, it was a complete success. Even her uncles wore them proudly. She was beyond the moon!
The tutus in process. It was a LOT of tulle.

 
Everyone's tutus

Birthday girl running around

The snacks even had tutus.

Inspecting ALL the guys.

The birthday Girl!

Next up, after Christmas and New Years was Gogo. For her first birthday, I fell in love with a sprinkle idea I saw on Pintrest. We kept it really small, with just our families and the girl's legal guardians. Tutu embellished a dress we found at Gap for the party so that it had little embroidered "sprinkles" around the hem. I think she was pretty adorable! As for another learning lesson (like the tulle) those tiny nonpareil sprinkles? They are the glitter of baking. I'm STILL finding sprinkles a week later.
We gave sprinkles out as favors

I edged glasses for drinks with frosting and sprinkles. Super easy and a fun idea. I'm going to do this for more parties!

The birthday girl!

Her cake. Those sprinkles are still everywhere.

Since then, we've been busy with potty training and swim lessons for Lala and walking EVERYWHERE and eating EVERYTHING for Gogo! Never a dull moment in our house! 


1 comment:

  1. Holy tutus and sprinkles, Batman! What great ideas for birthday parties! I love having themed parties, and I'm super excited to start planning my friend's baby shower. Happy Birthday to Lala and Gogo.

    ReplyDelete