Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Four years

This past Friday, the Husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. We sat together wondering how we'd gotten to four years already. We haven't always been able to do a lot for this day, and this year was no exception. However, it's not something that really upsets us....just kind of how we do things. We reflected, spent time together...after all, that's really all that we need. Here's what we remembered from the last four anniversaries:

  • 2010 - we got married! What an incredible day surrounded with people we love.
  • 2011 - I was in the hospital with pre-term labor. Weird to think that Lala could have been born on our anniversary. She would have been 32 weeks, but the doctors insisted she would have been okay.
  • 2012 - The hubs surprised me with a trip to Leavenworth in December to see the lights. Leavenworth is this DARLING bavarian themed town in the mountains. He had rented this little cottage on a vineyard. Although....I got super sick. Hurray for the perfectly timed flu.
  • 2013 - Hubs had just been laid off from Zynga, so we kept it low key. Plus I was 6ish months pregnant.
  • 2014 - Hubs had a huge gaming thing this weekend. I got to spend time going to parks with the girls. 
This year, though, I made him a Year of Dates! I pre-planned date days/nights for the entire next year so that at least ONE date we didn't have to think about!

  • Nov - Fly Me To The Moon: a classy night out, listening to Frank Sinatra and going to fun bars.
  • Dec - Jolly Good Fun: British night! Fish n chips, beer/cider and a movie set in England.
  • Jan -  Snug as a Bug in a Rug: snug up with tea, books and each other.
  • Feb - Test of Everlasting Love: Wii Showdown, will we still love each other after? Hahaha!
  • March - Saint Patty's Day: Hang out at a pub, make food at home or invite friends over for a feast.
  • April - A Night at the Ballet: Our favorite principal dancer is retiring at the end of the season, so we'll catch Swan Lake (for the third time) and then eat at a fun restaurant!
  • May - Dinner in Reverse! Dessert, dinner, appetizers! In that order.
  • June - Do You Wanna Build a Garden?: (can you tell I've been watching Frozen a ton?) Do some yard work as a family! Fence, garden, etc. 
  • July - Picnic in the Park: Exactly what it sounds like
  • Aug - Ren Faire! Time to take the girls to their first Ren faire! Gotta get costumes made for them and fix my own!
  • Sept - A Date at the Frye Museum: Checking out a local museum we haven't gone to yet.
  • Oct - Back where it all began: A hike at Saint Edwards Park. We went there the day he proposed (and almost lost my parent's dog), we got married at the chapel on the property....now it's time to enjoy the fall colors and let the girls run wild! 
There's a bunch of grab bag ones I included too. We enjoy getting out, but don't always have time/money/babysitters... it's nice to just randomly pick something and say "we're going!"

I'm eagerly looking forward to our first date...and also for a little toddler's 3rd birthday! She's demanded a Pink Party where everyone (and she means EVERYONE) wears tutus. So, I'm making everyone tutus. Not even kidding.

I would write more, but I have a growling Gogo to go remove from a not so great spot....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your list is absolutely amazing and it all sounds like stuff my husband and I would love to do. You guys are so cool.

    ReplyDelete