Monday, March 2, 2015

Ah, children

Life with a three-nager (think teenager) has been interesting lately.

To give you some idea of what it's been like, Lala is currently yelling and crying at me because I asked her to clean up the duplos....that she dumped out....and told her she couldn't watch Caillou (ugh...Caillou). 5 minutes later, she's all cheerful and has moved onto cleaning up because there is the promise of hot chocolate (not a bribe, I've got a playdate with my local moms club).

Out of her mouth have been such awesome phrases such as:

  • Momma, you've really got to stop this angry stuff.
  • I'm not listening to you because I only listen to Daddy.
  • Wall-E told me to (insert questionable activity here). (As in, jumping off the couch, performing the high dive onto her bed...etc)
  • I never want to sleep in my bed because it's too comfy. 
There is never a dull moment. She is incredibly stubborn, and coupled with selective hearing when being asked to do something, it makes for a frustrating mom. 

Gogo has taken a page out of Lala's book and immediately throws tantrums if told no, or moved away from an activity she was doing. 

I have virtually no patience right now. Thank goodness for that blessed hour where I get to workout. As much as it hurts....it's a bit of an escape for some me time out of the house. 

2 comments:

  1. I am SO much more likely to go to the gym simply because I can get away from the 4-nager in my life. I feel ya lady. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO much more likely to go to the gym simply because I can get away from the 4-nager in my life. I feel ya lady. lol

    ReplyDelete